Administrative Professionals' Day History
Administrative Professional's Day celebrates and gives thanks to administrative professionals including secretaries, receptionists, and office assistants. It is observed during the last full week of April on Wednesday.
Administrative Professionals' Day Facts & Quotes
- Formerly called National Secretary's Day, the name was changed to Administrative Professional's Day in 2000 to keep up with changing job titles.
- 8.9 million people work in administrative support roles in the U.S.
- The last full week of April is designated Administrative Professional's Week.
- The original Secretaries Day was designed to attract potential employees. It was thought that this would help alleviate the skilled office worker shortage.
- Always be nice to secretaries. They are the real gatekeepers in the world - Anthony J. D'Angelo
Administrative Professionals' Day Top Events and Things to Do
- If you are an employer, provide a business-related gift to your administrative support staff.
- Smile at any administrative professional's you come in contact with.
- Take a secretary out to lunch.
- Attend a seminar or conference to expand your administrative capabilities.
#NexquisiteEntertainment #AdministrativeProfessionalDay #April22015 #Secretary #Celebration #Receptionists #OfficeAssistants #Gatekeepers